Back in North Somerset, UK, I qualified as a reflexologist in 2007 as I found the link between the feet and the body fascinating and I wanted to learn more about this ancient healing therapy. I have to say I still haven’t quite found anything that invites the relaxation response as much as a good reflexology session. To this day it still blows my mind when I detect areas in the feet that reflect disorders to their corresponding areas within the body.
I then went on to study Reiki as I was very interested in energy healing and felt it was a practice that sat really nicely with reflexology, I also really enjoy receiving reiki myself and have found that it helps shift stagnant energetic and emotional blocks allowing new beginnings and opportunities to happen.
In 2010, I felt called to expand my knowledge and skill set and I trained in holistic massage and spent a wonderful year giving and receiving LOTS of massage – oh I do miss those days!!!
Since qualifying in massage and I developed my interests and qualifications in fertility and pregnancy and I have helped and supported couples through pre-conception, conception and into parenthood. I am really passionate about this area of work and feel really honoured to support couples throughout this process.
So, the reason I am a holistic therapist is because I absolutely love and believe in what I do. And the great thing about it is – I get to make other people feel good which makes me feel good in return – it’s a win win! I just love seeing the difference in my clients from when they walk in though my door and when they leave again, both on a physical and emotional level. One fantastic quote from a client that I loved was “You made me into a nice person again” – I thought that was just great!
My qualifications include:
- VTCT Diploma in Reflexology and Anatomy and Physiology – Weston College
- Diploma in Holistic Massage and Bodywork, Anatomy and Physiology from Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork
- Massage and Pregnancy Diploma – Well Mother
- Reflexology Diploma in Preconception, Pregnancy and Postnatal Care – London School of Reflexology
- Reproflexology Diploma in Preconception Care & Assisted Conception – Seren Natural Fertility
- Fertility Massage – Fertility Massage Therapy
- Hot Stone Reflexology
- Hot Stone Massage
- Oriental Face Massage
- Emotional Freedom Techniques E.F.T
- Reiki First and Second Degree
CPD workshops include
- Indian Head Massage
- Massage and Pregnancy
- Lower back and hips
- Freeing the shoulders
- Susanne Enzer Maternity Reflexology
- Compassionate Postpartum Care
I am a member of and insured by FHT the Federation of Holistic Therapists and as part of this I must Continue my Professional Development by widening my knowledge and skill base through additional workshops, talks and courses. I am also a member of the Association of Reproductive Reflexologists ARR